Monday, February 7, 2011

Pushing Sound

I am currently exploring the boundaries of sound. I'm interested in its ability to weave in and out of the mind, and our ability to manipulate the mind so it feels as though sound is being pushed, pulled, stretched, torn, etc. What are the boundaries of sound? What are the boundaries of our own mind? Are they real boundaries if we only perceive them to exist even if they don't?

The following clip is a piece of my experimentation. In this experiment, I am trying to push air from one ear to the other. When I've done similar experiments like this, I give the piece more fluidity by tweaking, but I wanted to see what conclusions can be drawn by listening to a more raw version created only be moving pieces of the sound to the other ear. Note: MUST LISTEN WITH HEADPHONES!!!



Eliana

No comments:

Post a Comment